Monday, November 18, 2013

Hello All- Sister Milligan (Shannon)

Hey, everyone!
     I'm doing good right now. Only three days left of my 2 week short-term mission!

    Today, Monday(p-day; preparation day), we're going to watch a movie called "Ephraim's Rescue"....which Sister Boyer has a small role in. :D Also, we're going to have cinnamon rolls while watching it, thanks to Sister White's hard work over the past couple of nights and this morning. (Sister White and Sister Boyer live with us, but are serving in the other ward....my ward.)

    Last night was kind of hard. I broke down and cried because of stress, homesickness, and feeling kind of overwhelmed. After talking to my dad on the phone about it, I prayed to have the strength to open up about it to my companion. After that and taking a breather, I finally just told my companion, Sister Gruwell. She was so sweet and helpful. We just sat and talked about what I was feeling until I finally felt better. Then she gave me a copy of a booklet about adjusting to missionary life. Reading it is helping.

    After that, we went contacting (handing out flyers to get people to come to church or English class) at the train station. That also helped me feel better. We handed out 48! The day before we handed out 60 though haha.

   Even though parts of it have been hard, I'm grateful to have been given this oppritunity. I know it is helping me improve in so many things and is teaching me so many things. I know the Lord has truly blessed me thoughout all of this.

   Oh, also, I have also been figuring out how to share the gospel with 3 of my friends! :D I'm excited to get started once I get back.
   I'll be back on Thursday afternoon (Wednesday night for those of you in the U.S.).
   I love y'all and miss y'all! I'll talk to y'all soon.
 
Love,
    Shannon Milligan

No comments:

Post a Comment